read me:

If there's anything REALLY important you need to know, that'll be right here =]
THE WALL:

Do the right thing , Fight the power

XXXXPosted by Hellray at 2:47 AM




Some people told me that this movie was a little bit boring than other ones what we watched before. Howeve, I loved this one most. The little stories it contained are very powerful and set us thinking.
I'm not black, or white, so I'm not pretty sure whether I can totally understand what this movie really want to tell us or not, but I still find much from this movie. At the beginning, first time I can not understand why it shot the woman so long just show she dancing, after dray's answer I understand that is because the directer want to wake the audience up. and tell them it's gonna be fun and enjoyable. When I saw Martin's photo in this film I realize it would be the story about black people.
The main story happen in sal's pizza shop, Sal is a kind guy, until the end of this film I still think he is very nice, even thought he is strict to mookie.I remenber he is kind to smiley when pino shout at him. Mookie ruin his shop's window, then other people rush in and burn it, everyone will be crazy if their shop was ruin by his worker, but he still pay mookie money. Buggin argue with him many times due to the photos on the wall don't have anyone who is black, bu the way I think this wall is a very important stuff through this movie. Sal thought that is his wall, he decide whatever he want to hang, maybe he just doesn't want to compromise to black people.
The other hero mookie, to be honest, he didn't impress me well, I just remenber he stand in front of the ruin made by him and other black guys, and order sal pay his money back. ridiculous.
I have to say that I really love the radio man, expecially the scene when he show love and hate use his special ring. He always carry the radio, and always win when other one let he turn off. But also because of this, he died at last...

What exactly the RIGHT THING is ? I can just say it depends... Do the black guys ruin sal's shop is the right thing? Does mookie break his boss's shop first and let himself lose the job is the right thing? Do the radio man insist turn on the radio is the right thing? Black people can fight for their right not by violence, just like smiley draw a crown on Martin. Martin is the man who is against violence. Smiley give him a crown, but some other black guy are doing the opposite thing...

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a reply

Post a Comment