read me:

If there's anything REALLY important you need to know, that'll be right here =]
THE WALL:

The Hurt Locker

XXXXPosted by Hellray at 10:15 PM


I watched "The Hurt Locker" a few days ago, which just won 6 Oscars (including Best Motion Picture of the Year and Best Achievement in Directing). The story is about a bomb disposal team operating in Iraq.

It is a independent film, that means they don't have a lot of money to spent for the massive visual effect. They used a very different way to demonstrate the war. I like the bomb disposal scenes, they are amazing and full of tension.

The story is not quite attractive but very vivid and cruel. The script is written by a journalist who has spent many years in the real battlefield of Iraq, this is why the film is different, I can see many details of the scenes and dialogues are impossible to create if the writer has never been there.

Overall, I couldn't say it's the best movie of the year for me, but I will still remember it, because it is unique and quite meaningful. It's hard to imagine this kind of movie is directed by Kathryn Bigelow --a female director, and it is even harder to imagine she is James Cameron's ex-wife, she took all the oscars from her ex's "Avatar", how ironic.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a reply

Post a Comment